M6 8.8-inch Marine Coaxial Speakers with Transflective™ LED Lighting (125 W, 4 Ω) – Gloss White Trim Ring, Gloss White Sport Grille
The same principle that makes our 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in our M6-880X 8.8-inch coaxials, with the added visual impact of our patent-pending, Transflective™ RGB LED lighting.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over our 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M6-880X’s are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than our M6-770X 7.7-inch coaxial systems! The bass is so impressive that the M6-880X can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired.
To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, our engineers have designed an oversized, 1.25-inch, silk dome tweeter for this model. This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A multi-order, true 2-way passive crossover is concealed within the woofer chassis, shielded from vibration and corrosion. Also included, is an automatic tweeter protection circuit to minimize the possibility of tweeter failure.
Although M6-880X Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, but for best audio performance we recommend amplifiers capable of between 50-250 W of continuous power per channel. The patent-pending Transflective™ RGB LED technology emits a smooth lighting effect through the woofer cone, with a choice of several lighting colors. Add an optional RGB controller to create thousands of color variations. Professional installation is strongly recommended.
Production of all M6 loudspeakers takes place in JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida factory, using global components and materials.
Sold as a pair.
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments. This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer’s motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Built in U.S.A. with Global Components
JL Audio’s Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
At a time when most audio products are built overseas, JL Audio’s commitment to in-house loudspeaker production continues to grow. To pull this off in a competitive world market, our production engineering team has created one of the world’s most advanced loudspeaker assembly facilities and established a global network of quality component suppliers who build to our specifications. This, combined with our commitment to state-of-the-art assembly technology, allows our skilled workforce to efficiently build JL Audio products to extremely high quality standards, right here in the U.S.A.
Since most of our premium loudspeakers incorporate proprietary, patented technologies requiring specific assembly techniques, we find it is vital that the people who designed them have close access to the people manufacturing them. The following JL Audio products are built in our Miramar, Florida factory, with global components:
- Subwoofer Drivers: W7, W6v3, TW5v2, TW3, TW1, W3v3
- Enclosed Car Subwoofers: Stealthbox®, PowerWedge™, ProWedge™, H.O. Wedge™ & MicroSub™ Enclosed Subwoofers
- Marine Loudspeakers, Marine Subwoofer Drivers and Marine Enclosed Loudspeakers
- Home Subwoofers: Dominion™, E-Sub, Fathom® and Gotham®
|50 × 40 × 50 cm
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)
|Peak Music Power
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)
50 – 250 W / Ch.
90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
|System Nominal Impedance
|System Frequency Response
38 Hz – 22 KHz ± 3 dB
Gloss White, Gunmetal
|Transflective™ LED Lighting
|Frame Outer Diameter (A)
8.80 in / 224 mm
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B)
7.97 in / 202 mm
|Frontal Grille Protrusion* (C)
1.37 in / 35 mm
|Mounting Hole Diameter (D)
7.375 in / 187 mm
|Mounting Depth (E)
5.00 in / 127 mm
Warranty Information – Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers
JL Audio Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio’s warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner’s manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by ‘acts of God’ (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).