The benefits of using UltraSonic Antifouling’s advanced technology to prevent fouling:
Clean Sea Chests & Seawater Pipework…
- Reduce Maintenance: With an ultrasonic antifouling system fitted to your sea chests and seawater pipework you’ll remove the need to scub strainer baskets and flush seawater pipework with harsh chemicals to remove the build up of marine growth – and engineers dream!
- Reduce Downtime: By reducing the maintenance required you will also reduce the downtime considerably.
- Improve flow rates to essential equipment: Raw water cooling performance is critical to the reliability of your essential marine equipment, by keeping the pipework clean and clear you can ensure your essential equipment continues to operate efficiently and correctly, as intended by the manufacturer.
- Reduce Costs: Reducing maintenance, downtime, and keeping your essential equipment operating correctly will reduce short term and long term costs associated with raw water pipework maintenance.
Whats in the box?
Ultrasystem PowerPlus Sea Chest & Pipework – 3 or 4 transducer high power system
The pack includes:
- 1x Ultrasonic High Power Control unit
- 3 or 4 x Transducers
- 3 or 4 x Transducer Mounting Brackets
- 3 or 4 x Transducer Cables
- 1x Silicone Grease
- 1x Installation, Operation, and Warranty Manual.
Note: The DC system operates on both 12 and 24VDC, AC system operates in the range of 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz.
The installation of the UltraSystem PowerPlus is very simple and can be undertaken by any competent engineer.
The designed engineered features of the transducer and its mounting bracket provide ease of installation. To aid installation we manufacture each bracket to suit your application, please let us know the external diameter of the pipe or sea chest you would like to install the transducer on. Waterproof cables and connectors simply connect to the transducers and control unit.
The control box simply mounts on a convenient bulkhead or systems panel, while the cables for both power supply and transducers simply connect to the sockets.
No complex configuration is necessary as the UltraSystem automatically runs its initialisation procedure and provides the required output of effective ultrasonic protection.
How Ultrasonic Antifouling Works to Prevent Growth
Here’s the science….
Water borne micro-organisms and bacteria attach and multiply to the submerged hull area creating bio-film layer ‘slime’. Algae cells also attach in the same way and develop into complex marine structures known as seaweeds. This eco-system provides an ideal food source and environment for growth including colonisation of barnacles formed from juvenile cyprid larvae assessing suitable surfaces to attach on.
The Ultrasonic Antifouling system works by emitting a specific and scientifically researched low powered pulsed ultrasonic frequencies from a digital control unit, via transducers that are in direct contact with the inside of the hull. The hull acts as a sound board, carrying the sound waves, creating a microscopic environment of moving water molecules over the entire underwater profile of the hull. As a result growth is prevented as the cell structures of the algae and micro-organisms are targeted and cannot survive.
While sound waves are resonating throughout the hull form because the transducers are directly fixed to the hull inside, the stern gear (propellers, shafts and drives) are acoustically isolated from the sound within the hull, due to the seals used in their attachment. However, in the proximity of the transducer, the ultrasound signal also dissipates out into the water in an 180o arc below the hull surface. With correct positioning of transducers, the system can also help to some degree in keeping the stern gear clear, although not quite so effectively as the hull.
Not everything described as slime on a hull is bio-film. It can consist of dead matter that is floating in the water and sticks on, it can also be dead matter from the process of the ultrasonic system. This non-living matter is not attached, just stuck on and the movement of the hull through the water or a light brush can easily remove it.
The program of specific frequencies and harmonics scientifically designed to destroy the various fouling organisms is unique to the Ultra System Series II.
12VDC & 24VDC, 110VAC & 230VAC
|Number of Transducers||
Control Unit – 2 Year
Transducers – 5 Year
The UltraSystem PowerPlus control unit is supplied with a 2 year warranty, while our advanced transducers have a 5 year warranty. This is attributed by the reliability of our systems, the high build standards adopted at our own manufacturing facility in Europe, and not being limited to other third party warranties.
Furthermore, our clients can expect continued support and service during and outside the warranty period worldwide.