Neptune’s Armoury Deck Prep System
Revolutionising your deck prep with our ultra simple, environmentally and deck crew friendly process!
The Neptune’s Armoury Deck Prep system is totally unique and a real game changer when it comes to getting your decks looking perfect for the season, developed by yacht crew for yacht crew.
The process begins with a super gentle treatment to remove the ingrained algea and bacteria that contribute toward the mould growth deep within the wood (we see this mould as black spots appearing from within), whilst also treating and protecting the wood from boring insects such as wood worm and from other forms of wood disease like wet-rot.
Next up is our stream lined cleaning and brightening application – no more need for the aggressive 2 part acids! We have a one step solution that provides the deep cleaning and brightening you need without the risk of damage to the wood and the surrounding (paint and gel coat) surfaces – and without the risk of teak-foot!
Step Three…no wait, what? We’re done?
Following these two stages your decks will be looking fresh and clean, and good to go! If you and your team like to seal that beautiful finish in with a good sealer or oil we have you covered there – check out the finish options we have available for you here: www.drakemarine.com/wood-sealers-and-oils
You can download our full deck prep tutorial here: And even a video of our guys demonstrating the application here:
For you and the environment
- non hazardous
- Totally safe
- simple to use
- reduces labour costs
- reduces application costs
For the wood you are treating
- gentle on the wood
- reduces damage to wood through over scrubbing
- reduces damage to the fibres of the wood
The Science Bit
Neptune’s Teak Deck Treatment is a fantastic product for cleaning and restoring your yachts teak deck. A simple easy application will see your slippery mould / algae covered teak deck restored to it’s former glory of a smooth silvery finish in no time at all.
Neptune’s Teak Cleaner is a powerful biodegradable cleaner and brightener that removes the ground in and surface dirt whilst restoring a bright, vibrant look to its natural colour without bleaching and damage to the wood’s fibres.
The whole process will not damage the wood’s fibres, is fast acting and can restore the original colour of your wood surface in as little as 20 minutes with no laborious and backbreaking sanding! It is safe to use on all wood species including teak, iroko, mahogany, oak, larch and pine and is also an excellent de-greaser for use on tropical hardwoods.
Removing rusty stains and also neutralising wood surfaces which have been stripped with a stripping product, leaving the surface ready for applying your chosen finish.
Being totally biodegradable and environmentally friendly you can simply rinse away with water in to the ocean – truly dolphin friendly!
Ideal Uses for Neptune’s Armoury Deck Prep System
- Treatment and preparation of all wood, ever.
- Reviving neglected decks and handrails
- Neutralising stripped surfaces before applying a finish
- Degreasing tropical hardwoods to aid penetration of your chosen finish
- Cleaning previously coated wood surfaces which are dirty
- Lightening and restoring greyed weathered marine wood
At A Glance…
- Lightens and restores colour to all greyed, weathered marine wood without bleaching
- Non-aggressive and easily rinsed with water
- Can clean and rejuvenate, plastic, gel coats and GRP
- Fast-acting – restores wood to its natural colour in just 20 minutes
- Can be used as a neutraliser after using strippers
- Use on all wood species: Teak, Mahogany, Iroko, Oak, Larch, Pine…
- Excellent de-greaser for tropical hardwoods prior to applying the chosen finish.
- Removes all traces of weathering attributed to mould, mildew, pollution…
- Removes rust stains.
- Safe to use – harmless to marine life, plants and shrubs.
- Biodegradable – Does not contain solvents or bleach – rinse with water.
- Surfaces may be slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on wet surfaces during application.
- Chemicals may dull painted surfaces and some metal fixings if left on to long. Rinse off quickly or wipe with a wet cloth.
Contact us for details!
|Dimensions||50 × 50 × 50 cm|
25 sqM / 2x 5litre, 50 sqM / 4x 5litre, 75 sqM / 6x 5 litre, 100 sqm / 8 x 5 Litre, 200 sqM / 16x 5 litre
5 m/sq per litre
All exterior wood surfaces